Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Scripture Power!!

This church does have, running through it's veins, the spirit of revelation which inspires anyone who feels of its influence. As I began to read the Book of Mormon again yesterday, I had so many promptings and I think it was because I was reading with the intent to share with each of you, my children and grandchildren, some of the impressions that I received while reading and pondering - what a blessing! We have been given the most precious and priceless gift of the Holy Ghost at our baptisms and if we desire to feel of the Holy Ghost's presence always we need only to pray and immerse ourselves in the scriptures. The feeling comes with peace, assurance, love, acceptance and whatever feeling you need to help you feel as the Savior felt/feels and do as he did/does.

As I read 1 Nephi 1:5-8, I was reminded of my conversion some 30+ years ago where I, too, received an answer to prayer which was undeniable . Just as Lehi prayed to the Lord with all his heart in behalf of his people I prayed to know if the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was true because I wanted the fruits of the gospel, not only for myself, but for my family. Several similar principles involved here: (1). The power of prayer when we pray with real intent, (2) The power of remembering others in our prayers, (3) The power of Heavenly Father to answer those prayers through the Holy Ghost in a vision or through an impression of enlightenment where our heart and mind become settled.

The Holy Ghost does desire to be our constant companion and is beckoning to us to come unto Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. You and I need to be still so we can know that they are there for us always and our lives are better for realizing they can be more of a constant influence in our lives if we will but seek them daily and more frequently.

I love each of you and have a testimony of the power of prayer, pondering and reading the scriptures. As our hearts are turned to the Savior and Heavenly Father as we read about them, the Holy Ghost helps us to feel of their presence daily and will enrich and fill our lives with that joy that does not fade with the lights.

No comments: