Saturday, September 6, 2008

Whey Smoothie!!

I have added a green whey product to my list of alkaline diet items but have been having a hard time getting it down. I think it is the consistency so I made a smoothie with organic blueberries, cherries and the whey and a cleansing powder of lemon, cayenne that I had purchased some time ago. Anyway, the results were remarkable!! It is delicioso and will be a daily drink that I look forward to.

There is quite a bit of good information about whey and its benefits in the book The Acid-Alkaline Diet for Optimum Health by Christopher Vasey, N.D.

Keep reading and studying for your own health. Good luck everyone!!

Tidbit that popped into my mind: A lot of what we are physically has to do with what we put in our mouths. Mindless eating can be hazardous to our health. We may have less control over the environmental causes of disease but we can control the elbow to mouth reflex!!!

2 comments:

ashley said...

Sounds yummy. Good to know whey is good for you. I always wondered about that.

Erin said...

mmmmm :)I am excited to learn about all of this!