Thursday, October 18, 2007

October 18, 2007 Sitting with Sela, Nina and Rollin

An enjoyable and energetic two weeks insued while taking care of Sela, Nina and Rollie Boo or Buddy!! Ashley and Zig were able to take a week off together in Washington D. C. while Larry and I watched their wee ones. We were happy to do so since these last few months have been rather tiring or should I say exhausting for the both of them and they were due some together time after all these years since their little family began forming almost six years ago. My how time has flown.

We had some fun outtings to Isaquah to see the Salmon run. It was truly an education. These hugh salmon were frantically trying to jump a water fall to get down stream to the ocean and spawn. Some of the salmon were already looking very beraggled and tired from their journey. While there Sela and Nina rode a little train and horses. Rollin enjoyed running all over the play ground and swinging.

We then went to Whole Foods for dinner and a little dessert to cancel out all the good we did with a peanut butter blizzard from Dairy Queen. Ashley gave us the go ahead since it was a special outting with grandparents!!

We watched all of the conference sessions on Saturday and Sunday and we all sat around for the opening of every session and folded our arms in prayer. Sela watched quite a bit of conference and played with Nina and Rollin occasionally. It brought back memories when Brant, Ashley, Erin and Ryan were under roof and we watched conference together.

At bed time Larry or I would read a scripture story and we would say our prayers. Sela says prayers on even days and Nina says prayers on odd days. He was reading and sharing the story of Jared to them and asked what they would do if the Lord came to them in a cloud. Nina popped up rather quickly and said, "I would listen!" Her little mind is constantly thinking. Both she and Sela knew and wanted to tell the story of Daniel and the Lions Den and the one about Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego. Poppy and I will have to do a lot of scripture study to keep up with our grandchildren!! Tyler, Bryce and Ethan did the very same thing to Poppy a while back when he thought he found a story they might not have down exactly - wrong!

Raising children up unto the Lord seems to be a common thread woven into the lives of our grandchildren and that makes us very happy and thankful. I am sure little Camilla, Moriah, Tabitha and Kate and Rollin are sure to follow in their footsteps as well.

While there I was able to clean and organize a few things for Ashley which is what I love doing along with playing and listening to the grandchildren.

Larry helped Zig by trimming trees and mowing the lawn which took three hours. It was a fun release for him and I wish I had taken our camera because Rollin climbed up on the riding lawn mower with Larry and took a few swipes around the yard waving at me while I was sweeping the deck each time he passed until he fell dead asleep. Here came Larry waving at me to come get Rollin. He was leaning back over Larry's arm in somewhat of a comatose mode. It was like carrying dead weight to his crib and he slept for several hours that day. He is a good little sleeper at both nap time and bedtime.

I was thankful Ashley took some pictures of Moriah as she is changing so much so fast. In just a few months she will really look big to Erin and John when they bring her little sibling home.

These are the good years and cause my heart strings to be yanked a little here and there but when I get a little melancholy all I have to do is count my many blessings and I am deeply grateful to Heavenly Father for the continued protection, guidance and love He shows to our family.

1 comment:

ashley said...

Nice post, Mom. It will be fun to look back and remember your visit. The kids had a great time!

love you,
Ashley